Day : Every Friday
Time : 2.30 pm to 4.00pm
Venue: Room A2-02
Attire: Full Scout Uniform, unless otherwise specified.
Teacher In-Charge :
Scouting is about having fun, but to a Cub Scout, “fun” means a lot more than just having a good time. "Fun" is a cub scout’s code word for the satisfaction he gets from meeting challenges, having friends, feeling good about himself, and feeling he is important to other people.
While cub scouts are having fun and doing things they like to do, they also learn new things, discover and master new skills and be rewarded with proficiency badges, gain self-confidence and positive values, and develop strong friendships.
You’ll want to join Scouts if you enjoy
- Camp Craft – outdoor cooking, tent pitching
- Pioneering – building structures with knots and lashings
- Adventure activities such as
- Rock Climbing
- Kayaking Orientation
- Team Building Games
- Adventure Camps
- 24气节令鼓 – Chinese Drums
Cub Scouts can progress through participation in the activities and camps by earning their Bronze, Silver, and Gold Arrow badges. Outstanding Cub Scouts who have earned their Gold Arrow badges, can aspire to attain the pinnacle award in Cub Scouting – the Akela.
Achievements & Highlights of 2016
Achievements for 2016
- 3 P6 scouts successfully achieved the Akela Award (National
level) in October 2016.
- Two teams of P3 to P5 scouts (A total of 15 scouts) took part in the Cluster Games Day (East Area) held in Ngee Ann Primary School on 9/9/2016) and won gold and silver medals in the team events respectively.
- The school scout unit also attained the Silver award for the
Frank Coopers Sand Award (National level) for the preceding year.
Highlights for 2016
- Selected P5 to P6 scouts participated in the Outreach Camp
(2 Day 1 Night Camp) held in Dunman High School (14/3/2016 to 15/3/2016).
- A total of 18 P3 to P6 scouts participated in the Cluster
Explorer Camp 1 (East Area) (3 Day 2 Night Camp) held at Sands Training
Institute (3/6/2016 to 5/6/2016).
- A total of 15 scouts participated in the Cluster Games Day
(East Area) held in Ngee Ann Primary School on 9/9/2016.
- The scouts were also actively involved during the Job week
in March and the Donation Draw activity in August 2016 held by the SSA.
- P4 to P6 scouts were actively involved in school events such as :
- Founders Day in February
- Parents-teachers Meeting in March
- National Day Celebrations in August